Monday, November 2, 2009

Spiritual Comfort Food

OK. So, I have a confession... I occasionally listen to Christian music and have found a few good radio stations in the area. They sustain me and keep me healthy while watching my spiritual weight, but I know that when I am yearning for a treat, to worship and really get into His presence, I just grab my Fike and Dana CD's, sit down and enjoy every last spoonful of music. I savor the rich honesty blended with raw emotion, the humble wisdom seasoned with just enough desperation and every bite is topped off with sweet repose. If I'm lucky, He'll provide a few extra ingredients that sweeten the whole deal. I admit it - I scrape the bowl for more. The experience never fails in bringing my heart back to where it needs to be and leaving me feeling spiritually stuffed. I walk away feeling a little guilty: guilty only because I feel so privileged.

Thanks Fike and Dana for doing what you guys do so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment